Norfolk Tart

I don't make many sweet tarts these days, but my son loves treacle tart and especially this version, which is a Norfolk Tart. As he was coming for the weekend, I decided to indulge him with his favourite pudd!

Preheat oven 200C/gas6

Roll out 225g shortcrust pastry [bought or home made] and line a 7" or 17.5 cm round tin.
Fill with baking beans and bake for 15 mins. Take out the beans and reduce the oven to 180C/gas4.
Warm 100g syrup in a pan till runny, then take off the heat and stir in 25g unsalted butter and the grated zest of a lemon.
Beat 1 egg and 3 tbspn double cream together gently then stir into the syrup mixture.
Pour this into the pastry case and bake for 30 mins.
Serve this warm with some cream or ice cream.


This is very rich and moreish. It has a lovely creamy filling with a good lemony hint.





Comments

Suelle said…
This looks a tasty alternative to a traditional treacle tart - less sweet perhaps, although still rich.
It's many a year since I had a Norfolk tart (possibly last time I was in Norfolk). I prefer it to the kind with breadcrumbs in the filling that used to be around when I was little. Sounds lovely for when you're in the mood for something really sweet.

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Coconut Slices

My favourite Plum Tart

Aberffraw cakes